Saturday, March 6, 2010

HelpX Stay Number 2

Well I said I would update when I got here...and I'm here. I'm staying with Alistair and his 6 year old son Alan. They also have another helpexer here but she will be leaving on Monday.

Alistair is a farrier so he's teaching me all kinds of interesting things about horses and shoeing them. I already went out on one job with him and it was fun, I just wish the roads here weren't so curvy. I Haven't really done much here yet as I just got in last night but Alistair seems really nice and his son is adorable. I don't have any photos yet since I haven't taken any and I'm not on my own computer but as soon as I've been here for a bit I'll post some pictures.

We went out to the pub last night with Jane and Ant and met up with Alistair and everyone else there. The food was good, I had chicken since both Alistair and Jane have just had some cows slaughtered and all we've been eating is beef. It was a bit expensive, $18.90 for chicken with garlic and lentils, but since that was the first time I had payed for anything in over a week I figured I could suck it up. There was a guy on a guitar in the pub and all but one of his songs was American, Jane and Alistair were joking that they told him I was coming so he should play American muscic.

Other than that not much is going on here. Just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know I was alright. Talk at you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment