Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quick Update

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on whats going on in my life at the present. I am currently working again, this time in a small town called Jabiru in the Kakadu National Park. The place is called the Aurora Kakadu Lodge and I'm managing their bar/bistro. I know, I know...how on earth did I get qualified to tell people what to do...especially when it comes to bar tending. The answer is I have no idea but I'm having fun nonetheless. I'm planning on being here till the beginning of November probably, and then hopefully meeting up with my parents somewhere in the south of Australia. I will post pictures of where I work etc when I get the chance, but I thought I should fill you all in.

For those of you that are reading this blog for advice on traveling and finding work in Australia. I managed to find this job through the Backpacker Job Placement Office in Darwin. The woman who works there is very nice, and they only charge you $10 to look for a job for you and $50 if they find you a job and you get hired. Overall I think its a pretty good deal and they managed to find me a job the same day that I turned in my resume. So good luck and happy job hunting!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment